Date Posted: July 2022
Department: Stormont-Vail Hospital Program
Pay: $15 – $18 per hour.
We currently have a PRN/On Call position available.
Screen individuals and determines if additional resources are needed for the individuals and/or families. Aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance use problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Interviews patient, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of patient.
- Educates patients to assist patient in overcoming alcohol and/or drug dependency.
- Educates family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for patient.
- Educates family members regarding the impact of alcohol/drug dependency in their lives.
- Completes clinical screening, evaluation, and placement of patients.
- Develops placement and discharge plans.
- Coordinates the delivery of broad range clinical services targeted to minimize hospital utilization and maximize treatment engagement.
- Collaborates with hospital staff to improve the management of patients with substance use disorders.
- Coordinates Substance Use Disorder services provided by Stormont-Vail Healthcare.
- Participates in planning and successfully implementing clinical strategies to achieve the appropriate length of patient stay in acute care settings and increase engagement of acutely intoxicated individuals in indicated treatment services.
- Monitors condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed.
- Assists patients/family members in crisis as needed.
- Maintains contact on regular basis with referral sources.
- Maintains patient files utilizing identified technical resources in a site visit ready manner, at all times.
- Develops discharge/transition plans and documents in the electronic medical record.
- Refers patient to appropriate services as needed such as detoxification, medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and recovery resources.
- Complies with all policies and procedures related to clinical licensure.
- Provides screening on trauma and injured patients over the age of 12 years old to meet American College of Surgeons (ACS) standards.Apply Now