Licensed Addictions Telehealth Counselor - Outpatient
Date Posted: July 2022
Pay: 43K – $45K Depending upon licensure & experience
Counsels and aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse, by performing the following duties. This position is a telehealth position only: the individual must have a minimum of an LAC and be available at least three evenings per week.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Interviews patient, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of patient.
- Formulates treatment plan for treatment and rehabilitation of patient.
- Counsels patients individually and in group sessions to assist patient in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Counsels family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for patient.
- Counsels family members individually or in group sessions regarding the impact of alcohol/drug dependency in their lives.
- Participates in utilization review activities as required.
- Counsels patients/family members in crisis as needed.
- Maintains contact on regular basis with referral sources.
- Maintains patient’s files in a site visit ready manner, at all times.
- Develops discharge/transition plans and completes discharge summaries.
- Refers patient to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services.
- Monitors condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed.
- Prepares and maintains reports and case histories.
- Formulates and conducts programs to promote prevention of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands and implements all TAP 21 Addiction Counseling Competencies.
- Complies with all policies and procedures related to clinical licensure.