Case Manager - Salina
Date Posted: July 2022
Department: Stormont-Vail Hospital Program
Pay: $15 – $116 per hour.
Aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance use problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse, by performing the following duties. We currently have a PRN/On Call position available.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to clinical licensure.
- Interviews patient, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of patient.
- Assists patient in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Assists family members in dealing with and providing support for patient.
- Educates family members regarding the impact of alcohol/drug dependency in their lives.
- Completes clinical screening and placement of patients.
- Develops placement and discharge plans.
- Assists in delivery of broad range clinical services targeted to minimize hospital utilization and maximize treatment engagement.
- Collaborates with hospital staff to improve the management of patients.
- Participates in planning and successfully implements clinical strategies to achieve the appropriate length of patient stay in acute care settings.
- Implements clinical strategies and resources to achieve increased engagement of acutely intoxicated individuals in indicated treatment services.
- Assists patients in establishing connections to a recovery community.
- When appropriate; demonstrates a willingness to share personal recovery experiences, demonstrates effective coping techniques and self-help strategies.
- Interviews patients, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of patient.
- Monitors condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy, and recommends adjustments as needed.
- Participate in utilization review activities as required.
- Maintains patient files utilizing identified technical resources in a site visit ready manner, at all times.
- Helps patients to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and patient’s part in creating them.
- Develops discharge/transition plans and completes discharge summaries.
- Refers patient to appropriate services as needed such as detoxification, medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and recovery resources.Apply Now