Facilities Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: August 2022
Pay: $17 per hr.
Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings, maintains grounds. Keeps the building in a clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $2000; wherein $500 will be paid as joining bonus and $1500 will be paid over the first 90 days of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Cuts grass and trims weeds on organization’s property.
- Maintains flower beds and plants flowers.
- Trims hedges and shrubs as needed.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including vacuuming, buffing, dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
- Washes windows.
- Cleans restrooms, showers, toilets and sinks as well as restocking of supplies.
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
- Performs routine maintenance including minor repairs as needed.
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks or walkways.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete, maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Maintains stock in the storerooms.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and equipment in order to prevent damage to surfaces and themself.
- Other duties as assigned.