Peer Mentor - Medical
Date Posted: September 2022
Location: Junction City
Pay Range: $16.50
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Pathfinder Services, the Kansas Certified Peer Mentor provides direct supportive services to patients with substance use disorder(s). Sharing their own lived experience of recovery from substance use, they serve as a mentor, advocate, and motivator for patients working toward achieving long-term recovery. The Kansas Certified Peer Mentor works as a member of the addiction health care team, engaging patients in recovery planning, treatment services, and follow-up care.
Education and Experience: High school Diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of one year of recovery. For CKF Addiction Treatment alumni, you will need to be out of CKF treatment services for at least one year.
Qualifications: Peer Mentor-Kansas Certified Peer Mentor (Medical)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to clinical licensure.
- Knowledge of the recovery process, resources, and the ability to engage patients in their own individualized recovery plans and goals.
- Assists patients individually and in group settings to identify and work toward long-term recovery goals
- Working with patients to improve access to housing, food, education, job training, transportation, etc.
- Facilitates connections and linkages for patients and the recovery community.
- Ability to collaborate with a team to support the patient throughout their continuum of care.
- Assists in the process of maintaining patient charts in a site visit ready manner.
- Willingly shares personal recovery experiences, normalizing that addiction is a chronic disease and that recovery is possible.
- Develops discharge/transition plans with patients, assisting with connections to community resources as appropriate.
- Provides education to family members, individuals, and community members around addiction and recovery.
- Other duties as assigned.