PRN Licensed Practical Nurse
We are seeking enthusiastic LPNs and RNs to fill our Residential Unit. We currently have a PRN/On Call position available: individual is required to work at least 1 hour per month. Provides nursing care to substance use disorder patients in detox and residential treatment programs by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees the medical care of patients detoxing from alcohol and/or other drugs.
- Administers injections and oral medications following Physician’s instruction.
- Takes and maintains records of vital statistics in EMR system.
- Observes patients to detect behavior patterns and reports observations to Nurse Manager.
- Provides education to staff and patients on the residential and detox unit.
- Administers and documents TB skin testing for staff and patients.
- Provides health assessments to new patients, reviews records of current patients and confers with other nursing staff to evaluate condition of patients.
- Transports patients off grounds for medical needs as required.