Date Posted: December 2017
Location: Salina, Kansas
Salary Range: Starting pay of $45,000 annual with additional pay available upon experience.
- $10,000 sign on bonus
- $500 per month in person counselor bonus
- Relocation cost reimbursement of up to $10,000 available
Position Summary: Counsels and aids individuals and families requiring assistance dealing with substance abuse problems, such as alcohol or drug abuse, by performing the following duties. This position requires in person services in Salina as well as some evenings during the week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interviews patient, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate condition of
- Formulates treatment plan for treatment and rehabilitation of patient.
- Counsels patients individually and in group sessions to assist patient in overcoming alcohol and drug
- Counsels family members to assist family in dealing with and providing support for patient.
- Counsels family members individually or in group sessions regarding the impact of alcohol/drug
dependency in their lives.
- Participates in utilization review activities as required.
- Counsels patients/family members in crisis as needed.
- Maintains contact on regular basis with referral sources.
- Maintains patient’s files in a site visit ready manner, at all times.
- Develops discharge/transition plans and completes discharge summaries.
- Refers patient to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social
services, and employment services.
- Monitors condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy, and adapts treatment as needed.
- Prepares and maintains reports and case histories.
- Formulates and conducts programs to promote prevention of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands and implements all TAP 21 Addiction Counseling Competencies.
- Complies with all policies and procedures related to clinical licensure.
- Other duties as assigned.