Patient Access Manager
Date Posted: June 2022
Location: Salina, Kansas
Salary Range: $45K – $50K
Position Summary: Directly supervises employees in the Patient Access Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Continuously evaluates department to ensure clinical licensure standards in medical records and adheres to clerical policies and procedures relating to clinical licensure standards.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the team and department.
- Adjusts errors and resolves complaints pertaining to the Patient Access Department.
- Performs or assists with day-to-day operations of the department as needed.
- Develops and conducts ongoing department trainings.
- Manages systems,
- Takes and maintains monthly manager meeting minutes
- Assists with the use of Electronic Health Record and helping department resolve problems and improve performance.
- Weekly travel to regional locations for ongoing training and department support
- Weekly individual supervisions with the Patient Access Team
- Orders agency supplies and maintains inventories.
- Assists with administrative tasks with the VOIP telephone system and agency reminder service.
- Other duties as assigned.