Date Posted: June 2022
Location: Salina, Kansas
Pay Range: $15/Hour
Position Summary: This position serves as an initial point of contact and primary access point for patients receiving addiction health care services with CKF Addiction Treatment. The Patient Registrar is responsible for verifying and obtaining accurate patient demographic information with each patient interaction, obtaining signatures on all
required agency and regulatory forms, correcting any scheduling errors prior to the patient appointment, assisting with rescheduling patient missed or cancelled appointments, and handling inbound calls as needed. In addition, this position will ensure a positive overall experience by utilizing excellent customer service
skills in each interaction and communication with patients, family members, clinicians, community members, third party payers and co-workers. May answer questions/information regarding services offered, preparation for assessments and admissions to treatment services, and perform related clerical functions as mentioned below.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to clerical policies and procedures relating to clinical licensure standards.
- Obtains necessary demographic information, insurance eligibility verification and signatures for all patients, while meeting all State and Federal guidelines.
- Answers questions about organization as needed and provides callers with address, directions, and
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes Vital Interaction system to connect with patients regarding appointments and paperwork.
- Proofreads and edits documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format. Corrects errors.
- Follows policies and procedures for documenting, storing, and retrieving information, and for processing medical and legal documents, and correspondence requests, in conformance with federal, state, and local statutes, as well as clinical licensure standards.
- Follows patient information systems and procedures such as patient identification systems, incomplete record control systems, forms design and review systems, and records release procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information according to HIPAA and company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.