Date Posted: Sept. 2022
Pay: $15 per hr.
Prepares and cooks family style meals for residents and employees of the Central Kansas Foundation, keeps kitchen work areas in safe, clean and orderly conditions, by performing the following duties. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $2000; wherein $500 will be paid as joining bonus and $1500 will be paid over the first 90 days of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Assists with Kansas Food Code compliance.
- Maintains kitchen and storage facility in a site visit ready manner at all times.
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and cutting boards.
- Washes pots, pans, trash, and other dishes.
- Wipes down dining room tables, chairs and other surfaces.
- Refills containers including salt, pepper, napkins, cereal, etc.
- Stores foods in designated areas with proper containers and labels.
- Serves meals.
- Plans menus taking advantage of foods in season.
- Orders supplies and keeps records and accounts.
- Oversees loading or unloading of delivery trucks.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and food.
- Completes inventories, places orders and maintains records in compliance for Kansas Food Bank and
State Food Commodities programs.
- Manages the ordering, receipt and compliance of USDA commodities and food bank donations.